About the program
Primary School is the first step on the learning journey. This is a prerequisite stage in the formation of children’s learning skills and moral values. Our Primary program will not only provide a safe and healthy environment for students but also a place to build a strong foundation to create a strong future, helping children to become global citizens.
- 1.1. Output goals of Primary Educational program
- 1.2. Primary School Educational program
- 1.3. Teaching methods are innovative and deeply researched
- 2. UTS Targeted Educational Programs
- 3. Tuition fee of Primary School Program
1. Primary Educational Program
Primary Education at UTS focuses on equipping students with basic learning skills, while fostering curiosity and creativity, attaching special importance to core competencies through experiential activities, cross-curricular projects, clubs.
Each Primary class at UTS is a miniature community where the student is the center and the teacher is the advisor who inspires, follows, and supports. Students can make their own decisions, interact, and support each other, to increase understanding, empathy, and inculcate the ethical values in the child’s subconscious.
1.1. Output goals of Primary Educational program
After 5 years, students can form and develop core competencies, including 3 common competencies:
- Self-reliance and self-study: confidence and bravery, exploration, and learning, seizing opportunities, overcoming challenges.
- Communication and cooperation competency: mastering knowledge, community responsibility.
- Problem-solving ability and creativity: national identity, flexible adaptability.
UTS Primary Educational program will also equip 7 professional competencies included: linguistic competency, calculating competency, competency to learn about natural and social matters, technological competency, ICT competency, aesthetic competency, and physical competency.
- Construction: self-awareness, self-control, order & responsibility.
- Development: cultural fine arts, curiosity & creativity.
- Primary School Diploma.
- Cambridge Flyers certificate (equivalent to A2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Language CEFR).
1.2. Primary School Educational program
UTS standardizes each value into “Practicing/Training activities”. This helps students become self-aware, respectable, and responsible citizens as well as make them love going to school and exploit the potential in each student.
The educational program is organized in the direction of selective integration and enhancement, includes:
- The program of the Ministry of Educational and Training is optimized.
- International English Program – IP is strengthened to equip the global language.
- Talent Development Program helps promote skills fostering and virtue development.
1.3. Teaching methods are innovative and deeply researched
Based on liberal education philosophy and experience, UTS understands that the key to create a great future is lifelong learning capacity.
UTS teachers always research and apply innovative teaching methods to equip students with the specific competencies of subjects and core competencies to prepare for the future.
Not only teaching knowledge, but UTS teachers also play an important role in setting an example and living up to core values. Constructive education lays a foundation for our teaching method to help students discover and develop their talents.
Some main teaching methods which are applied in UTS Primary School Educational Program:
- Conceptual thinking.
- Reversed class.
- Problem solving.
2. UTS Targeted Educational Programs
2.1. SEL Program
The Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) program is based on UNICEF’s skills groups (UNICEF Life Skills Learning and Teaching: Concepts and Standard – 2010) including:
- Thinking & cognitive skills: including the skills of analyzing, synthesizing information to solve problems and, make decisions responsibly.
- Self-management: including the skills to recognize oneself, control emotions, motivate oneself, and manage oneself.
- Relationship skills: including communication skills, positive interaction with others, teamwork, effective coordination, empathy, and understanding.
The program is based on Social & Emotional Learning, an approach that is highly appreciated by UNICEF and helps students make progress in academic performance and behavior. It also enhances the skills groups mentioned above.
2.2. STEM Program
STEM is the educational method which equips student the essential knowledge and skills related to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. At UTS, we integrate STEM education into our Primary School Educational Program to apply the knowledge of Mathematics and Science to solving practical problems and challenges in life.
2.3. ICT program according to Microsoft standards
At UTS, 100% of students will be allowed to be accessing to age-appropriate learning technology. In the ICT program, students have access to international-standard ICT instructional content. Also, UTS encourages students to use technology devices such as laptops, tablets, and mobile phones to support the learning process.
2.4. Student Clubs
UTS has more than 25 clubs in 3 groups: Logical, Physical & Artistic Club. There are places to connect UTS students with talents, interests, and passions. We aim to be a model of student-led clubs, where students are the operator with the responsibility of maintaining and expanding the club whereas teachers are the mentors, advising by their experience and expertise, help students implement and operate club activities.
2.5. Experience Learning Program
UTS builds a unique experiential learning program for each grade with a variety of activities, aimed at supporting regular school hours, training personality, and essential skills for students. For Primary students, the goal of the Experience learning program is to explore the surrounding world, equip students with knowledge and understanding of life.
2.6. Extensive Reading Program
With Extensive Reading – “learn to read”, students can choose the book they want to read at the library and enjoy the story/book in the most natural way and through that, they will develop:
- Comprehensive development of language skills: Not only improving reading skills, but ER also helps students develop related skills such as listening, speaking, and writing by providing additional vocabulary and expanding their knowledge.
- Develop active reading habits and a love for reading.
Currently, at UTS, the Extended Reading program has been implemented in all grades with 03 Extended Reading periods per week: 01 Vietnamese reading period & 02 English reading periods under the guidance of literature teacher, and foreign teachers.
3. Tuition fee of Primary School Program
Parents can refer to the UTS Primary program fees for the 2020-2021 school year here.
UTS also designs Summer Course for Primary students. For more information, please see here.
The UTS Primary School program is an appropriate choice to provide a safe and healthy learning environment and ensure knowledge and skills for children to grow up confidently. After graduating from UTS, students are fully qualified to study abroad in prestigious educational environments in the world.